For our aftercare advice please read the following:
- Leave the dressing on for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally overnight if possible.
- Wash hands then gently remove the dressing and wash with hot water and non-perfumed soap.
- Once thoroughly cleaned, rinse well and pat dry with a disposable towel (i.e, kitchen roll).
- Once the area is dry apply a thin layer of aftercare cream/balm.
- Repeat this process for 2-3 days.
- Once a light scab has formed, wash less frequently and allow the scab to fall off naturally.
- When no scab remains, switch your aftercare cream/balm to a light non-scented moisturiser.
- Do not soak your tattoo in water until it has fully healed (in baths, swimming pools etc).
- Do not pick the scab as it will affect the quality of the tattoo.
- Avoid sunbathing until your tattoo has fully healed. Apply SPF 50+ sun block when in the sun.
- Avoid putting too much aftercare onto your tattoo as this can suffocate it and trap moisture which may cause aggravation/poor healing.
- Moisturise regularly once your tattoo is healed to keep the colour vibrant and your skin supple.
If you have any concerns about the healing of your tattoo, feel free to contact us on 01332 204240.